Friday, June 15, 2012

***UPDATE*** on my bedroom renovation

In case I have been lacking in my updating you about the progress of the house: WE GOT IT!!!!! As long as all the last minute things go according to plan we should close the end of June!! We went over to look at the house again and get some measurements, so I thought it would be a good idea to take some pictures and update you all on the progress!

I love feedback, so feel free to leave your comments on any ideas you may have to make this space feel less like a basement bedroom and more like a cozy, inviting home!


I love the concept of this wall! I wondered in amazement at how they got the lines so perfectly straight. When I got up close, the wall is actually wood paneled and they just painted the slats of wood! Genius! While I love the concept, I hate the colors! Browns and tans are not my colors. This wall will eventually be dark gray, light gray, white and a navy blue. This wall will be behind my headboard.
I am in love with this space! It will eventually serve as a reading nook. I picture it with book shelves all the way around and a comfy chair in the middle with a side table!
This is the third wall in my room with my big closet!! I'm pretty excited about that closet!! I have even considered painting the inside of the closet a bright lively color, but we'll see about that!!



This is the view from the big window in my bedroom! Just past those trees there is a body of water of some kind! I love water!

1 comment:

  1. The multi-colored wall is really interesting! I thought it was painted on too! Hahaha, what a great way to design the wall! I thought I liked the original combination of colors, but the longer I looked at it, at the more I realized that your idea was infinitely better. Do you have pictures of the finished product yet? I’d love to see what that wall looks like now!

    ReplyDelete