Monday, June 4, 2012

Favorite places for decorating spaces

As you probably know if you have read any of my blogs so far, I love things that are a bit off the beaten path when it comes to decoration and design. In order to help you see where I get my design ideas and find inspiration for decoration I wanted to devote this blog to the blogs, online merchants, and ideas of where to find these random treasures for yourself!

First of all, I just discovered this website the other day. It is a company that started at a family's kitchen table and is now an online presence as well as a store in Texas. Wisteria is that store/website. They have so many things that are inspired from places around the world. They have the kind of pieces that not everyone will have but everyone will want! I was skeptical at first. I expected their prices to be outrageous, as most of these interesting places are, but I was pleasantly surprised. They make "off the beaten path" designs affordable and add an extra layer of intrigue to any room! I will definitely be order from them in the future. Check them out at the link above! You won't be disappointed!

I also admire young designers that are bold about what they like and don't care if other people are gonna hate on what she does. I found a blogger/designer who embodies that! The website is Mr. Kate and I think she has a really cute and quirky kind of style that a braver me would totally be! She has a wide range of design ideas from room decor to fashion and even nails and phone cases and tattoos! Check out her blog for a refreshing, youthful style.

One of my favorite stores that I find myself wandering around when I need some style inspiration is Anthropologie. It has this cool bohemian vintage style about it with a rustic twist! It's basically a big store of awesome! It's a bit on the expensive side for some things, but nothing too extravagant or anything. The average person could shop there and spend a little more than they would at other stores, but not totally break the bank! But it is worth the extra for sure! Sometimes I just walk around the store and look at how they have decorated and forget to look at the merchandise! I love places like that! They sell a little bit of everything there! Clothes, shoes, accessories, books, notebooks, bedding, decor, plates, silverware, aprons, coffee cups and much more!!! I love it!

I also frequent local salvation army stores, antique shops, and garage sales to find interesting things to decorate with/wear/get inspiration from! My latest item was actually found by my 60 something year old aunt at a garage sale for $4, photos to come! Inspiration can be found in the strangest places, you just have to take the time to look! Follow me on Pintrest too for more inspirations and funny things! "Ashleyry"


What are some places that inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment