Monday, June 25, 2012

Money and Design

Let's be honest, I'm a recent post-grad in an entry level job of a dying industry, so I don't have a lot of money to spend on design! It's sad for me sometimes to walk through a store and see things I fall in love with until I see the price tag. Then I walk away sad and want to curl up in a corner and cry!! So I am going to keep a running list of the things I buy and what I paid for them to see if I can decorate a room, bathroom and living room.

What I have so far:
I am taking my bed from my parents' house
I have sheets and pillows
A night stand
Desk and chair
Small TV for bedroom
Mirrors
etc.

Things I have bought:
Couch $100 (my parents actually bought it for me from one of their friends)
Comforter set $130 (originally $420 from Kohl's!!)
Decorative pillow $17
Vintage mailbox $25
Mustard yellow chair $25
Clock $4
Wicker Milk Crate Basket $20
Fabric to make 2 pillows $12
Vanity $50 (donated by my parents)
Kitchen chair $10
Shutters $10

It's not impossible to decorate on a small budget, it's just more difficult. I love searching for thrifty, strange things in some interesting places! Design on a limited budget takes more patience and time! Are you willing to accept the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment