Monday, June 18, 2012

The good ~ The bad ~ and The ugly in design

 I am a lover of all things forgotten and unwanted. It's the way I've always been. I don't know why. I haven't psycho-analyzed myself in order to figure out the reason behind this, but I'm sure it has something to do with my father or my mother... don't all psychological flaws come back to them in some way?? hahaha! So any way, I love the things that other people consider random, ugly crap!

Here is a collection of things that I have fallen in love with for this decorating project. I love old things because they have a history and a story behind them. I prefer history and likely American made craftsmanship over mass produced foreign items.




I saw this chair and fell head over heels, big time!! All you have to do is sit in it and you would be won over! It is the most comfortable chair and it was only $25 at the Salvation Army!

I found this clock on a random end cap shelf at the Salvation Army! It was $3.99 and it works! Can't beat that!

My wonderful parents bought this for me from some of their friends. The friends bought it new for some large amount of money and sold it to my parents for $100! I love a deal! I also like that we know the people and how they live. It's not my favorite color, but it was free for me so you won't hear this girl complaining!! (P.S. the blue and white bed rails sitting on the back are not part of it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment