Monday, July 2, 2012

T-shirt upcycle: Racer back Tank top


I got this idea from pintrest. I find that I have more t-shirts than I know what to do with and I have a hard time parting with them! They are full of memories, but I rarely wear them. Some of them are men's shirts so the sleeves are too long and the neckline doesn't quite fit right. Here is my solution: make a racerback tank top out of an old t-shirt.





I forgot to take a before picture, but I think you get the idea! It was just a regular t-shirt that I started cutting up! You can see where I cut the sleeves off and around the neck. To create a more flattering, v-neck shirt, I cut a V into the front of the shirt.
I started with a deep V cut into the back of the neckline, deeper than in the front. I cut the back a little farther in along the arm holes also so there wasn't quite as much material bunched up. Then I took a scrap of fabric from another part of the shirt and stretched it out as much as possible until it was long and skinny. Then I just wrapped it around the back where it would gather and tied it and snipped the ends.

Here is an up close picture of the tie on the back,

My final product! I think it is so much more flattering than the old boxy t-shirt it was in its former life!

No comments:

Post a Comment