Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wedding Decor just for me

.. In honor of wedding season, I wanted to do a blog (or series of blogs) of wedding ideas for decor. I love the trend of outdoor, rustic weddings that are all the rage right now. I hope that when I end up getting married this concept is either still in, or far enough out that it seems cool again! Either way, I don't really care! I have always liked what I like and don't care too much what other people think about it! So here are a few different ideas that I think are adorable and will hopefully be represented in some form at my wedding! I found all of them on Etsy {love that website!} and they are all relatively inexpensive.



I love Mason jars! They remind me of the days when I used to help my great-grandmother can tomatoes and seeing all of the canned foods in her basement fruit cellar that she kept stocked! I guess that's what happens when you live through the Great Depression and all the fear of wars. Mason jars are all the rage right now, so if they are your thing too, my suggestion is to stock up now while they are cheaper!! You can also find cool glass jars at antique stores and flea markets for cheap. I also think the blue color

 and the waves in the bottom picture are really cool!


I really like the looks of burlap, especially for a wedding decoration. Burlap is pretty cheap too. I think this idea of adding lace trim to the edges is a great way to add a bit of class and make it unique!

These baskets would be adorable for a little flower girl to carry down the aisle! It's not too big and bulky and they are unique! I've seen the typical flower girl baskets at wedding shops and I don't like that cookie-cutter feel. I want something like this for my niece to carry down the aisle on my day!
My faith is really important to me, and if I am not getting married in a church I want some representation of that faith and our commitment to God in the ceremony. This cross is really interesting with the rustic wood and lack of straight lines and beat up look. It would be perfect in the type of wedding that I want to have!

Here are the links to the Etsy sites for the things pictured aboveflower-girl-basket
burlap-runner
first-flower-girl-basket
rustic-wood-cross
wavy-blue-glass-lights
hanging-mason-jars
garden-stake-mason-jars

1 comment:

  1. Awesome decorations, thanks for sharing this to us. My favorite wedding decorations is the first one, it's a unique one. Looking forward for more updates.

    ReplyDelete