Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Renovation day 1!!

We finally have keys to the house! It has been a long time coming and I am so glad it finally happened! The first things we did were to fix the sinks and toilets. They all leaked from sitting empty for a while. The house was bank owned for a while before we got it, so it has some issues, but nothing a handy father can't fix (so far!!) The toilet in the basement leaked pretty bad. Someone suggested a new toilet all together, but that turned out to be an over reaction. All it needed was a new seal and to be tightened up. My dad also replaced the "guts" of the back of the toilet and the handle so it works like new!

I started painting my bathroom, beginning with the ceiling, then I got done with that and started painting the door. No one knew I was painting the door so when they came down to check my progress they were surprised! The way I see it, don't leave me alone with a can of paint in the world's ugliest bathroom!

I want white doors, or gray doors, or some fun colored door... I got chocolate brown doors. But they are chocolate no more!! When it is all said and done I will have put at least 3 coats of Kilz on the doors to cover the brown. NOTE TO SELF** don't paint doors dark colors!
I also painted the base boards and the door going into my bedroom. The colors in this basement were awful... I just don't understand why anyone would do this to an innocent house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment