Monday, July 9, 2012

Tip for painting a bathroom

Here is a random tip for you that I never thought of before this project. I could be totally behind, but I thought it was clever!!

When my dad and I were at the new house last night, he was working on the toilet. It had a nasty habit of spraying water everywhere when flushed! So after the hundredth time of tightening bolts and checking seals, he finally took the back of the toilet completely off to dump the water out and check seals and pipes again. While he was doing that, I had a brilliant idea! The walls need to be painted still, and it is a pain in the butt to try to paint behind the toilet tank. So while he was messing with the tank outside, I grabbed the paint and a brush and went to town painting everything that I knew I wouldn't be able to reach when the toilet was put back together.


Like I said, probably not the most ingenious thing anyone has ever thought of, but I was pretty proud of myself for thinking ahead like that!

I wasn't too sure of the new color at first. It is a very light (almost white) gray color, but in the can it looked white. But once it was on the wall I loved it! That toilet seat will have to go as well!!

Thanks for letting me share my random tips with you today! I hope you have a great day!
God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment