Friday, April 20, 2012

Window treatments that catch eyes

Here are some great inspirations of quick and easy window treatments that would be great on a budget! I found these at this website!

I especially love these tea towels! They add a cute pop of color in an unexpected way. Definitely worth a try!


Tea Towels or cloth napkins quickly clipped onto Curtain Rings, can bring color and whimsy to your kitchen window. Here’s a fab example captured by the peeps at the kitchen.
DIY Tea Towel Window Treatment



A cheap, white, Roller Window Shade becomes something special when you Customize it With Paint. Here’s a fresh and stripey version from Kitchen & Bath Ideas.
Painted Roller Window Shade

Let’s stick to that simple, White Roller Shade and make an art statement with guess what? Contact Paper. A quick and quirky project from Apartment Therapy Chicago.
AT Contact Paper Customized Window Shade

I’ll admit, this color-addict flipped when I found this Modern Art Window Treatment from the folks at Dummies.com. This example is crafted from solid-colored hues of Contact Paper, but it could as easily highlight an artful mix of patterns, or interesting slices or miniature copies of the kids’ artwork.


DIY Modern Art Window Shade 

 I just love so many things about this picture! I am a sucker for vintage frames grouped together like this. Birdcages are all the rage as it is, aside from my love of feathered friends. AND that return to sender window shade goes perfectly in the window! I found it at apartmenttherapy.com

postage window treatment

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful art –all pleasing to the eyes! It takes only an imagination with creativity, and hands willing to create, to be able to come up with these wonderful creations. I wanted to add some window treatment to our plain windows, and these ideas will serve as my inspiration! Cheers!

    -Roxie Tenner

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite would be the second one. I love its simplicity! The abundance of natural light,plus the color choice of the roller window shade contributes a lot to its already bright mood. =)


    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Waldemar. Knowing that it is a kitchen, the window treatment adds more value to the area’s clean look. The vibrant mood inside the kitchen will be able to help anyone to do their chores in such good vibes. =)

    ReplyDelete