Thursday, April 12, 2012

bursts of color

There is an Italian restaurant in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan that plays a little trick on you in the bathroom. That sounds awkward, but bare with me! The outside of the bathroom doors are painted with "Ladies" and "Gentlemen" respectively in fancy gold and red lettering. Once inside, if you look at the inside of the door, they are each {according to a male source as well} painted with the opposite gender in the same manner. The first time I noticed it I had a moment of panic before I looked around and didn't see and urinals and was assured that I had walked into the woman's bathroom.

I really appreciate decorative humor!

I also love the look of painting doors in a house. They can add fun and a punch of color, especially if they are sneaky, like only having color on the inside of the door. That is definitely a fun surprise!

Here is a great website resource for some visuals of what I am talking about: Painted doors

No comments:

Post a Comment