Friday, April 6, 2012

More inspiration

Here are some more inspiring sites and ideas that I fell in love with!

Create a custom chalkboard

No Sew curtains using a fitted sheet and ribbon!

book page lined drawers Love this idea! I may need to do this in the dresser I will be purchasing once we get a house!

Here are some other things that I am thinking:

• I really want a royal purple shower curtain if we get the house she is currently looking at. I will also need towels, which I'm thinking will look good in dark gray or black. And purple rugs.

• Possibly paint the walls in the bathroom a subtle white gray {they are currently sparkling white}.

• The walls in what would be my bedroom are an awful shade of diarrhea brown and must be changed before I'll even be able to sleep in there! I see them as a light gray as well, with teal accents throughout the room.

• I'll need a dresser. I'm hoping for a cute one that I can paint and decorate. I really like the above idea of using pages from books to line the inside of the drawers. {I'm going to start looking for vintage versions of some of my favorite books in antique shops and thrift shops}. In fact, I have a night stand that I recently repainted and I may have to try this out on those drawers too!

• I saw on Pinterest a lamp with a plain colored lamp shade and they had written verses and quotes around the shade. It looked really cool and very personalized. I will be trying this as well!

• There's a project that I did once when I worked at a daycare that could work as cheap, unique picture wall inspiration. Instead of tons of picture frames, I am thinking of cutting a ziploc baggy and making a plastic sleeve that can be attached to the wall and the pictures can be easily interchangeable!

No comments:

Post a Comment