Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wicker baskets. Who would have thought?

Growing up I never liked wicker. I thought it was for old ladies to put their knitting in, and definitely not for decoration or use. I liked clean lines and bright colors. I preferred a modern look to things, not an old lady look. But over the years I have begun to appreciate that style more and more, and now I have a few wicker pieces scattered throughout my space. I am kind of picky about my wicker choices, but it is defintely present in my design sense now. Here are a couple examples of how I use wicker in my space:

The first one is in my bathroom next to the vanity. I needed something to hold my hair dryer, straightener, etc and this seems like a great solution! (There will be doors on the vanity eventually, they are awaiting a coat of paint)








No comments:

Post a Comment