Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Message board picture frame diy

I saw this project on Pinterest and thought "I could totally do that! It looks super easy." And it turned out I was right! I made a small message board out of a picture frame and burlap. This project could be great for dorm room message boards or kids rooms or even in your home to leave cute little messages around the house for your family! I will probably use mine to write inspirational quotes or Bible verses on to give me little reminders or pick me ups throughout the day!

All you need is a picture frame of any size, some kind of fabric (it's best if the fabric is light colored and not too much going on so you can read what is written easily), scissors and some decorations if you choose.

JoAnn's picture frames were all 60% off so I snagged these frames for $3 each! Such a great find!

My supplies


This spray paint is so tiny and perfect when you just need a little paint. It's about $4

Easiest way to cut fabric to the right size, take the glass out and cut around it. Works every time!

I left just a bit of fabric on each side of the glass just to be sure

Here is the first one completed! I left it black but I'm planning on adding some fun decor around the edge of some sort.

The other frame I am planning on giving to a friend, so to match her decor I wanted to paint it a more rustic looking color, so I scuffed the frame up a bit to make the paint stick better and to make it even more rustic looking

Up close. Looking a little beat up

NOTE TO SELF: Put newspaper or something under the frame next time and save the cement from the paint! There is now a nice square painted onto the cement... oops!

Final product!

And again!

The flower I made from scraps of burlap and some random scraps of lace I found around the house and a button I had. I cut some rough flowers out of the burlap and a rough circle of lace and sewed them all together. Nothing too fancy, but I like it!
I hope you enjoy making things as much as I do! Are there any projects you have seen on Pinterest or other sites that you would like me to try out? I would love some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment