Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY jewelry holder ~ my take

I wrote a few weeks ago about my need for a jewelry solution in my bedroom. I needed it up out of the reach of my niece and nephew and DIY, cheap and unique. I looked online for inspiration and found some cute ideas, but none of them fit quite right for my space and needs. I was at Ikea a little while ago and found a necklace solution. I bought a simple white over the door coat hook, hung it on my closet door and hung all of my necklaces on it. They are out of reach of the kids and displayed so I can actually see all of them!






Then I continued to look for a way to display earrings, rings and bracelets. I like the look of the burlap picture frames, but you can't really hang those on the wall and still easily access all of your earrings. Then I saw a picture of an earring holder using a length of small chain and 2 pins and thought that was cute. I wanted to use materials that I already had if that was possible.

Then inspiration struck! I cut 2 strips of burlap that I already had along with one strip of lace that I had and only bought the silver thumb tacks. They were $1.99 at Michaels. I love the mixture of lace, burlap, and metal! Here are some pictures of the process:








I chose "Delight" because it comes from my favorite Bible verse at the moment. Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." That is something I'm clinging to at the moment!


And finally the bracelet and ring dilemma. Without a better solution at the moment I took a silver bowl that I bought a while back from Salvation Army and put it on my small table below the earrings and spread out my rings and bracelets and other miscellaneous things in it. For now it works and I am loving the way it all came together!



No comments:

Post a Comment