Monday, May 14, 2012

This is what I tore up vintage Shakespeare for!

A few days ago I posted pictures of the beginning of a project to cover canvas with vintage book pages and add buttons. I couldn't wait any longer to finish this project, so after work I rushed home and spent the few precious hours I have of peace pasting and decorating my canvas. I had to mod podge the other 3 canvases with book pages first. Then I began to arrange buttons on the dry canvas to decide what my word would be. I decided on the word FAITH because without faith I have nothing, and made the first canvas the F. But I had to figure out how I was going to do that because I only had 4 canvases and faith is 5 letters! I could have put the t-h together since they make one sound, but I thought putting the a-i together would make more sense {and they also make one letter sound}. I also thought it would be fun to make the consonant canvases vertical and the vowel canvas horizontal. Here are some pictures of the progress:






I had a lot of fun doing this. It could also be a great project for kids to make name plaques for their bedrooms. You could also easily attach these together with screws and small slats of wood or metal. I used Gorilla Glue to attach the buttons on the canvas. I tried the mod podge, but it wasn't strong enough to hold all the buttons. {Be careful though because Gorilla Glue is stronger than regular super glue and can make your fingers really sticky!}

No comments:

Post a Comment