Friday, May 11, 2012

I tore up a vintage Shakespeare book for what??

Here is my latest DIY project! It's still in progress, but here is what it looks like so far and how I did it.
I started with 1 blank canvas, mod podge, a paint brush, and 2 old books that I could tear pages out of. I mixed the mod podge with a bit of water to make it a little thinner. I painted the mod podge on the blank canvas, covering all of the front, and laid pages over it in different patterns. I had to paint between layers of paper where it wasn't touching the canvas.


At first I just laid the pages out flat, not worrying about the edges.
After the pages were laying and glued down to the front of the canvas, I painted glue on the edges to wrap the extra paper around the canvas. 

This was my final product {for now} after a last layer of glue over everything.
I hung the canvas on a hook in my garage to dry so it wouldn't stick to anything and could dry without little children's hands touching it!

I plan to add colorful buttons in the shape of letters to spell out a word. I will continue to update you as the project continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment