Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas season DIY ideas

Sorry I haven't been posting lately! I'm getting pretty excited for the Christmas season, which is weird for me since I'm usually a scrooge until the week before the big day! But I wanted to share a few DIY ideas from pinterest that I am planning on trying out with my niece and nephew before the holiday. Have you tried any of these yet? I would love to see how they all turn out in real life. But I will let you know when I have tried them on my own.

This is a great idea! Get a plain ornament and use a sharpie to write some favorite memories from that year. I would also put the year on the bottom and probably do 2 separate bulbs for the kiddos.

This is super simple! Spray paint a canvas a nice holiday green color. Then use red and white paint and make fingerprint candy canes and glue a big bow onto the front of the canvas.

Take wax paper and draw with plain elmer's glue. Once the glue dries it peels off the wax paper and you can use them to decorate a variety of ways. You can also decorate them while they are wet and make faces or whatever!

This is the simplest thing I have seen in a while that looks so elegant! Take some old wood and glue or nail it together. Then nail 5 nails into the wood and wrap a wide red ribbon around the nails to form a star.
This is a great way to display the Christmas cards that tend to clutter up the counters in our house. Use an old empty picture frame and wrap ribbon around and staple/glue/tape (whatever) it to the frame. Then just hang the cards on the ribbons. The only issue is that the ones that open right to left instead of up and down wouldn't work too well on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment